Family medicine is the medical specialty which provides continuing and comprehensive health care for the individual and family. It is a specialty that integrates the biological, clinical and behavioral sciences. The scope of family medicine encompasses all ages, both sexes, each organ system and every disease entity.
AIS Clinics & Hospital have reserved a special place for the Family Medicine, medical speciality that has won an important role amongst pacients who wish a direct and personal contact with their family doctor.
Family doctor knows not only the individual but their family with all its medical problems. Moreover, the family doctor manages their patients’ health and also represents the family’s counselor and friend.
At AIS Clinics & Hospital, family medicine services are free of charge, with all family doctor’s patients benefiting from multiple advantages.
Patient’s benefits of enrolling on AIS Clinics & Hospital’s family doctors list:
- Free of charge consultations at the family doctor;
- Free specialist consultations at all medical disciplines that exist in the clinic;
- Compensated recipes, free of charge;
- Free laboratory analyzes, paid by the Health Insurance House;
- Multiple paraclinical investigations in our clinics;
- Monitoring the health of the patient, as well as his / her family members;
- Pediatric examinations;
- Pre and postnatal leave;
- Family planning;
- Issuing medical leave.
The Department of Primary Medicine within the AIS Medical Center provides the following specialized assessments:
- The package of medical services in primary care includes the following types of medical services:
- curative medical services for medical-surgical emergencies, acute, subacute illness, aggravations of chronic conditions and for chronic diseases;
- preventive and prophylactic medical services;
- home medical services;
- additional medical services;
- support activities;
- medication administration services;
- curative medical services for medical-surgical emergencies, acute, subacute illnesses, aggravation of chronic diseases and chronic diseases.
- Medical services for medical-surgical emergency situations: emergency medical care – anamnesis, clinical examination and treatment – are granted within the limits of the competence and technical endowment of the medical cabinet in which the family doctor is operating. Medical emergency assistance refers to the cases of red code, yellow code, and green code.
- A single consultation per person is granted for each identified medical emergency situation for which first aid has been provided or has been resolved at the medical / cabinet level for both, insured persons on their own list and insured persons on the list of other family doctor who is in a contractual relationship with a health insurance house.
- The conditions for granting are set by the norms of the health insurance house.
The consultation for acute, subacute and chronic illnesses includes:
- general clinical examination;
- some specific maneuvers the doctor considers necessary;
- recommendation for paraclinical investigations for diagnostic purpose and monitoring;
- small surgery maneuvers, as appropriate;
- establishing the therapeutic course and / or prescribing medical and hygienic-dietary treatment, as well as training the insured in relation to the therapeutic and prophylactic measures;
- referral ticket for outpatient or for hospital admission consultations for cases that require or exceed the competence of the family doctor;
- recommendation for recovery treatment, physical medicine and balneology in ambulatory or in sanatoriums, as the case may be;
- recommendation for medical devices, for stomach prosthesis, etc., as appropriate;
- recommendation for home medical care, as appropriate;
- Consultations for acute / subacute illnesses or exacerbations of chronic conditions will be given according to medical recommendations under the conditions established by the norms.
- Periodic consultations for general care of the patients with chronic illnesses will be realized based on appointment, for:
- surveillance of the disease progression;
- continuity of therapy;
- screening of the complications;
- self-care education.
- Consultations for chronic conditions will be given in the cabinet according to the management plan established by the physician, under the conditions established by the norms. Home consultations will be given according to the management plan established by the physician.
- Active monitoring consultations through an integrated management plan for chronic diseases with a major impact on high cardiovascular risk – hypertension, dyslipidemia and type 2 diabetes mellitus, bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive respiratory disease and chronic kidney disease.
- Active monitoring consultations cover the following aspects:
a) the initial assessment of the newly diagnosed case in the first trimester after taking into the evidence; this episode may include three consultations at the family doctor – initial clinical evaluation that includes the complications screening, initiation and adjustment of therapy until the expected therapeutic response, patient education – recommendation for paraclinical investigations and a referral note for cases requiring the specialist consultation or for the cases that exceed the competence of the family doctor;b) Patient’s monitoring comprises two consultations that include the evaluation of the disease control, patient’s education, paraclinic investigations and treatment. 10. Integrated management of cardiovascular risk factors – HTA, dyslipidemia and type 2 diabetes, chronic respiratory disease management – bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive respiratory disease (COPD) and chronic kidney disease management are detailed in the norms. 11. Family doctors offer preventative and prophylactic medical services. Preventive consultations are periodic active consultations, offered to people aged 0-18 years, regarding:· growth and development;· nutrition status and nutritional practices· drug administration services – intramuscularly, subcutaneously, intradermally, intravenously, or infusions, as appropriate, given to policyholders from their family doctor’s list, during the cabinet hours.
Primary medicine, also known as family medicine, is considered the most important, with the patient receiving services, health promotion and disease prevention.