General surgery is the medical specialty dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of abdominal surgery and other disorders covered by other specialties requiring special techniques such as traumas, vascular, genital, urological, thoracic, neurosurgical, endocrine, oncology, etc.
The General Surgery Department of the AIS Medical Center provides the following specialized assessments:
- Clinical Examination:
- general on apparatuses (measurement of vital functions: blood pressure, pulse, O2 saturation);
- Surgical Examination:
- small surgery interventions under local anesthesia;
- electrocauterization of lessions, electrocauterization of moles and papillomas;
- formulating a diagnostic plan and choosing the appropriate therapy for the condition.
- Paraclinical Examination:
- blood analysis (biochemistry, hematology, immunology, electrolytes, etc.);
- urine analysis;
- imaging: radiography, MRI, CT, ecography;
- electrocardiography ECG.
4. The basic principles of therapy will be:
- Treating the primary illness, if it has been identified;
- Careful observation of signs and symptoms, respectively their treatment;
- Supportive treatment;
- Using anti-inflammatory drugs when needed;
- Antibiotic therapy when required.
5. Patients are referred to other medical specialties for health assessment.
Surgical examination includes, but it is not limited to:
- General evaluation;
- Mental status;
- Abnormal movements;
- Muscle tone;
- Reflections (posterior and anterior limbs);
- Sensitivity: hyperesthesia and nociceptia.
General surgery is a medical specialty in which most patients come with medical urgency, diagnosis is urgent and the surgeon works with a whole multidisciplinary team.