Cardiology, as a medical specialty, deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart diseases.
As scientific specialty, cardiology studies the heart, circulatory apparatus and blood vessels.
Physicians specializing in this domain are called Cardiologists and do not have to be confused with Cardiovascular Surgery Physicians who deal with heart surgery.
The dedicated medical team of AIS Clinics & Hospital is a stable one and is also famous for the cardiovascular assistance competent services, prevention and treatment of the risk factors.
Our cardiologists also take care of the patients’ clinical and paraclinical assessments, interpreting the medical analyzes, and accurately establishing the diagnosis, patient monitoring and interventional procedures.
To increase the accuracy of diagnoses and to correctly evaluate the stage of cardiac disease, cardiac consultation is completed with functional cardiac explorations: electrocardiography (ECG or EKG), daily monitoring of cardiac activity with the support of the ECG (EKG) holter, ambulatory monitoring of blood pressure with the support of the blood pressure holter, oscillometry and
specific paraclinical investigations, such as cardiopulmonary radiography, basic echocardiography, 2D spectral Doppler echocardiography, etc.
The Department of Cardiology at the AIS Medical Center provides the following specialized assessments:
- Clinical examination:
- general on apparatuses;
- examination of the cardiovascular apparatus;
- cardiac: with the indication of frequency and rhythm, physiological and pathological cardiac noises, presence of heartbeat;
- determination of blood pressure in supine position and orthostatism;
- examination of peripheral arteries and veins.
- Paraclinical examination:
- standard electrocardiogram and non-standard derivatives with heart rate monitoring;
- outpatient blood pressure monitoring 24 hours, determination of tension parameters;
- the ECG holter recording for a period of 24-48 hours and interpretation of results;
- echocardiographic exam: M technique, 2D, Doppler: color, continuous, spectral and tissue, Color Doppler.
Patients examined by our cardiologists are being reffered for more evaluation, without delay, to the AIS medical center’s doctors or to other medical centers in the private or state system.
The cardiological examination has a prophylactic purpose by detecting cardiovascular risk factors and treating them. Also, cardiological examination has a curative purpose through the diagnosis, staging, treatment and monitoring of heart disease.
The AIS medical center’s cardiologist specialists coordinate the medical emergency team during the work program.